3.2 Run in Remembrance
Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 9am Virginia Tech's Campus
On this day, the Virginia Tech community reflects on the vibrant lives of the 32 students and faculty who were tragically taken from us on April 16, 2007. This community run/walk throughout the campus of VT strives to bring fellow Hokies together, to feel the support of the community, and to celebrate the lives of our friends and family members. Commemorative race bibs and t-shirts will be provided to the first 5,000 who register.
Online Registration Now Open:
- Walk Up registration is available at War Memorial Hall basketball gym on Friday, April 11 from 4pm - 8pm and Saturday, April 12 from 6:30am-8:30am
Volunteer Registration Now Open:
- To make this event possible, we depend on hundreds of volunteers.
- Thank you to everyone that is considering volunteering for this event! We cannot do it with you! Click on the link below to register for a volunteer position.
- The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is located on the VT campus in Blacksburg, VA. A block of lodging rooms has been reserved at a special rate of $95.00 per room per night plus applicable tax. To reserve your room, please call 540-231-8000 or toll free 877-200-3360 and mention you want a room out of the "3.2 Run for 32 room block." This special rate is available until March 12, 2014 or until block is filled.
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg - 900 Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg, VA 24060 - $90.00 for singles/doubles. For reservations call 540.552.7001 or book online. The discount code is A32. This special is good until 3/12/2014.
- Days Inn Blacksburg- 3503 Holiday Lane, Blacksburg, VA 24060- $65.00 for doubles. When booking please mention that you are part of the "3.2 Run for 32 room." This special is good for up to one week before the event.
- Come be part of the tech’s largest man-made
- A pre-race picture will take place at 8:45 am on the drill field
- Wear Orange and Maroon and show your school spirit
- Grab a quick drink or healthy breakfast prior to the run at DX Express located on campus. Now open at 7:30am Saturday for the run.
7 Year Anniversary:
As the seventh anniversary of the April 16, 2007 tragedy approaches, we are reminded that anniversaries often are accompanied by challenges. Students, staff, faculty, and other members of the Virginia Tech community, whether they were on campus or not, may find themselves confronted with unexpected feelings or memories that they may have thought were resolved or in the past. Although we have seen many examples of how our campus community has been resilient, and many people will not need support on or around the Day of Remembrance, there will be services available for anyone who needs or wants to speak with a counselor. Visit the Day of Remembrance website for more details.