3.2 Run in Remembrance
Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 9am on Virginia Tech's Campus
On this day, the Virginia Tech community reflects on the vibrant lives of the 32 students and faculty who were tragically taken from us on April 16, 2007. This community run/walk throughout the campus of VT strives to bring fellow Hokies together, to feel the support of the community, and to celebrate the lives of our friends and family members. Commemorative race bibs and t-shirts will be provided to the first 4,000 who register.
Online Registration will open on Feb 1, 2014 at 8am
- To make this event possible, we depend on hundreds of volunteers. The online sign up to volunteer will open in February also.
- Walk Up registration is available at War Memorial Hall basketball gym on Friday, April 11 from 4pm - 8pm and Saturday, April 12 from 6:30am-8:30am
- Please review the map of the route . Please make sure to wear appropriate running and walking footwear and attire.
- The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is located on the VT campus in Blacksburg, VA. A block of lodging rooms has been reserved at a special rate of $95.00 per room per night plus applicable tax. To reserve your room, please call 540-231-8000 or toll free 877-200-3360 and mention you want a room out of the "3.2 Run for 32 room block." This special rate is available until March 13, 2013 or until block is filled.
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg - 900 Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg, VA 24060 - $90.00 for singles/doubles. For reservations call 540.552.7001 or book online. The discount code is F32. This special is good until 3/12/2013.
- 7 Year Anniversary
- As the seventh anniversary of the April 16, 2007 tragedy approaches, we are reminded that anniversaries often are accompanied by challenges. Students, staff, faculty, and other members of the Virginia Tech community, whether they were on campus or not, may find themselves confronted with unexpected feelings or memories that they may have thought were resolved or in the past. Although we have seen many examples of how our campus community has been resilient, and many people will not need support on or around the Day of Remembrance, there will be services available for anyone who needs or wants to speak with a counselor. Visit the Day of Remembrance website for more details.