Bench Press Competition
University Bookstore 15th Annual Bench Press Competition
Saturday February 27, 2016
125 War Memorial Hall on Virginia Tech Campus
Schedule of Events:
- Friday February 26, 4-7 pm- Early weigh-ins
- Saturday February 27
- 7:30-8:30 am, day of registration
- 9:00 am, last weigh in conducted
- 9:45 am, Rules briefing
- 10:00 am, Competition begins
Cost of Event:
- $15- Current Virginia Tech Students, Faculty, Staff
- $25- All Other Participants
(Pre-Registration open until Thursday, February 25 at 5pm)
Day of Registration:
- $20- Current Virginia Tech Students, Faculty, Staff
- $30- All Other Participants
*Add $10 to compete in second Division*
Walk Up Registration will be from 4-7 pm Friday, February 26 and 7:30-8:30 am Saturday, February 27.
Thank you to everyone that competed in the 15th annual Bench Press Competition!
Awards will be given to top 3 lifters of each weight class. Overall winners of each division will be pulled from their individual weight class to receive a prize.
Weigh-In and Day Of Information
- Lifters competing in the Raw Division are NOT allowed to wear any assisting shirts.
- Lifters who are competing in 2 divisions are allowed 3 lifts. For example, the first lift may be raw and the following 2 lifts may be raw or open.
- Early weigh in begins Friday, February 26 from 4-7pm. Day-of weigh ins will be Saturday, February 27 from 7:30-8:30am sharp. Due to flighting requirements, no one will be weighed in after 9:00am
- Rules briefing will begin at 9:45am. Competition begins at 10am.
- Weigh ins and Competition will be held in War Memorial Hall Gym 125.
- Shoulders and buttocks on bench,
- No bouncing or sinking of bar,
- Press command with pause,
- Wrist wraps allowed, No elbow wraps,
- One lifting shirt allowed (any ply),
- No baggy clothing
Parking, Lodging, and Spectators
- Parking: Visitors can park in most lots, please note that you should not park in handicap and service vehicle spots. Meters may be monitored so if you park in a metered spot, you may be ticketed (check the meter for instructions).
- Parking (Early Weigh In): Visitors are required to obtain a Visitor Parking Pass from parking services if arriving before 5pm.
- Spectators: Family, friends, and all spectators are welcome to attend the 2015 Bench Press Competition. Admission is free of charge
- Lodging: Holiday Inn University - 900 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA 24060 - $71 per night. Please call 540-552-7001 to book a room with this reduced price.
Sample Training Programs
- 8 Week Beginner Program
- 8 Week Training Program
- 10 Week Training Program
2015 ResultsClick here for full competition results including weight lifted for all competitors. Please note that "Score 1" is used to determine weight class finishers and "Score 2" is used to determine overall finishers.Women's Open - Kaci Hardsock122lbs and below - 1st: Emily Balser; 2nd Kelly McCabe; 3rd Wendy Moy122lbs to 140lbs - 1st: Courtney Jardine; 2nd Erica Wharton; 3rd Carrie Vergel De Dios140lbs and above - 1st: Kat Cody; 2nd Emily Lilly; 3rd Karen SchendelMens' Raw - Donnie Robbins165lbs and below - 1st: Russ Tyree; 2nd: Chris Eden; 3rd: Lucas Pribble165lbs to 198lbs - 1st: DJ Mooe; 2nd: Kevin Seay; 3rd: George Hric198lbs and above - 1st: Kenneth Moore; 2nd: Jakob Haun; 3rd JDMen's Open - Cliff Rhodes148lbs and below - 1st: Mark Inda; 2nd: Brad Lambert; 3rd: Geffrey Moy148lbs to 165lbs - 1st: Russ Tyree; 2nd: Chris Eden; 3rd Lucas Pribble165lbs to 181lbs - 1st: Kevin Seay; 2nd: George Hric; 3rd: Matt Marstin181lbs to 198lbs - 1st: Kyle Abramson; 2nd: Jason Buzard; 3rd: Riley Warren198lbs to 220lbs - 1st: Donnie Robbins; 2nd: Tyler Stallworth; 3rd: John Reynolds220lbs and above - 1st: Marvin Wright; 2nd: Tomy Henritze