Bench Press Competition
Thank you to all competitors of the 12th Annual Bench Press Competition!
The date for the 13th Annual Bench Press Competition will be posted soon.
Awards will be given to top 3 lifters of each weight class. Overall winners of each division will be pulled from their individual weight class to receive a prize.
Weigh-In and Day Of Information
- Lifters competing in the Raw Division are NOT allowed to wear any assisting shirts.
- Lifters who are competing in 2 divisions are allowed 3 lifts. For example, the first lift may be raw and the following 2 lifts may be raw or open.
- Early weigh in begins Friday, February 22nd from 4-7pm. Day of weigh ins will be Saturday February 23rd 7:30-8:30am sharp. Due to flighting requirements, no one will be weighed in after 9:00am
- Rules briefing will begin at 9:45am. Competition begins at 10am.
- Weigh ins and Competition will be held in War Memorial Hall Gym 125.
- Shoulders and buttocks on bench,
- No bouncing or sinking of bar,
- Press command with pause,
- Wrist wraps allowed, No elbow wraps,
- One lifting shirt allowed (any ply),
- No baggy clothing
Parking, Lodging, and Spectators
- Parking: Visitors can park in most lots, please note that you should not park in handicap and service vehicle spots. Meters may be monitored so if you park in a metered spot, you may be ticketed (check the meter for instructions).
- Parking (Early Weigh In): Visitors are required to obtain a Visitor Parking Pass from parking services if arriving before 5pm.
- Spectators: Family, friends, and all spectators are welcome to attend the 2013 Bench Press Competition. Admission is free of charge
- Lodging: Days Inn - 3503 Holiday Lane, Blacksburg, VA 24060 - $67 per night and includes breakfast. Reservations should be made by calling 540.951.1330. This special is available until Feb 1, 2013.
- Lodging: Holiday Inn University - 900 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA 24060 - $99 per night. This special is available until Jan 22, 2013.
Sample Training Programs
- 8 Week Beginner Program
- 8 Week Training Program
- 10 Week Training Program
2013 ResultsWomen's Open - Kaci Hardsock122lbs and below - 1st: Meredith Hilmandolar; 2nd: Ally Higgins; 3rd: Monika Quinn122lbs to 140lbs - 1st: Juliet Fielding; 2nd: Courtney Jardine; 3rd: Rebekah Brook140lbs and above - 1st: Robin Hartman; 2nd: Karen Schendel; 3rd: Sue PackMens' Raw - Donald Robbins165lbs and below - 1st: Chris Kang; 2nd: Raymond Morris; 3rd: Richard Jones165lbs to 198lbs - 1st: DJ Moore; 2nd: Kevin Seay; 3rd: Calvin Barrow198lbs and above - 1st: Kenny Moore; 2nd: Kenneth Mitchel;Men's Open - Larry Dyles148lbs and below - 1st: Richard Jones; 2nd: Michael Gardino; 3rd: William Ho148lbs to 165lbs - 1st: Lucas Pribble165lbs to 181lbs - 1st: Kevin Seay; 2nd: Paul Shelton; 3rd: Luis Rocha181lbs to 198lbs - 1st:Jamar Wooten; 2nd:Erik Mann198lbs to 220lbs - 1st: Johnathan Woods; 2nd: Kenneth Mitchel; 3rd: Kevin Hamm220lbs and above - 1st: Marvin Wright; 2nd: Ethan Rick; 3rd: Michael Shaw