Group Exercise Policies
Welcome to Virginia Tech Fitness! We are excited that you are ready to take your fitness level to the next step with our Group Exercise Program. Before you get started, here are a few things you will need to know:
- To register for a Group Exercise Pass, you must register online. Once you register and payment has been successfully received, your Hokie Passport will be activated. For more details on package prices and information regarding registration, visit the Package Prices page.
- Some participants may require a medical release to be completed by a physician before participating in Group X classes.
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations based on medical reasons. A medical notice will be required and there will be a $10.00 administrative charge. Also, refunds must be requested during the semester in which the packages are purchased. If packages go un-used and a refund is not requested, the packages and payments are forfeited.
- War Memorial Hall AND McComas Hall: All participants must have an active registration on file (without pending payment and/or medical release). Please present your Hokie Passport to the Fitness Assistant at the door of the studio you wish to enter. Participants that are allowed an exception agree to the following: "I have a current registration on file. My payment is not pending nor do I have a medical release pending. By entering this studio, I agree that I am telling the truth and if found that I am not I understand consequences will follow such as being banned from Recreational Sports Facilities and Programs." Class participation is first come, first serve. You must bring your Hokie Passport to enter. Participants will not be checked-in until the instructor arrives and studio doors will shut and lock 5 minutes after the class begins.
- Faculty and staff who are McComas Hall members may purchase a pass to participate in Group X classes at McComas and/or War Memorial Hall.
- Please arrive on time and dressed in appropriate athletic attire. It is unsafe to go into a class that has completed the warm-up. Studio doors will be closed and locked following the warm-up portion of the class.
- The schedule is subject to change due to special events and low participation. Classes with 3 consecutive weeks of participation of 3 patrons or less are subject to being permanently removed from the schedule.
- A Group X Class with attendance less than 2 participants cannot be taught due to the inability to follow emergency procedures.
- The following shoes will not be permitted: open toe shoes, sandals, boots, dress shoes, or shoes with marking soles. Athletic-type shoes must be worn. It is highly recommended that participants wear cross-training type shoes to protect from injury. This does not apply to Mind/Body or Aqua classes.
- All cycling participants must bring a towel and a water bottle to the class.
- Please respect the instructor by following enforced policies. Unruly participants can be asked to leave at the Instructor's discretion.
- If you are not a full time student enrolled in classes over the summer, you must pay the fee to use McComas in order to attend fitness classes in McComas Hall.
- Know your body and take the class at your own pace. This is your workout; enjoy it and let us help you reach your goals. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
Refund Policy for All Virginia Tech Fitness Programs
Refunds will only be given for cancellations based on medical reasons. A medical notice will be required and there will be a $10.00 administrative charge. Also, refunds must be requested during the semester in which the packages are purchased. If packages go un-used and a refund is not requested, the packages and payments are forfeited.