Private Fitness Classes
Private Fitness allows groups to be privately trained/instructed outside of the normal scheduled Group Exercise Program. Our Trainers and Instructors will tailor a class or group session to meet the exercise goals/needs of your team or organization.
For Greek Life and Student Organizations
Every class and workshop we offer can be taught as a private fitness class, led by nationally certified private instructors. The most popular classes are Yoga, Pilates, Cardioboxing, Zumba, and Boot Camp.
For Varsity Athletics and Sport Clubs
Every class and workshop we offer can be taught as a private fitness class, led by nationally certified private instructors. The most popular classes are Yoga, Pilates, Cycling, BodyCombat, Water Fitness, BOSU, Zumba, and Speed & Agility classes. If there is minimal or no equipment required, we can bring the class to you! These classes offer varsity athletes an opportunity to improve their posture, power, core strength, coordination, balance and flexibility, which can enhance performance. They are also great ways to cross-train, prevent injury, and encourage team bonding outside of practice.
Single Private Fitness Classes start at $25/class. Teams that request a regularly scheduled program will receive a discounted rate at $20/class.
- Classes and workshops will be usually held in the McComas Fitness Studios or Weight Room and will be scheduled outside of the semester Group Exercise Schedule.
- Your group can request the class to be taught at your remote location. This location has to be approved by the Fitness Coordinator to ensure that facility space is safe and appropriate for exercise instruction.
- Additional charges will be required if:
- group members exceed the capacity of allotted space and require larger rooms/facilities.
- the class is held in the Pool which requires rental fee and additional staff from VT Rec Sports - Aquatics.
- the class is held outside of normal facility operating hours.
- damages to equipment occur.
- Payment is due within 30 days of services rendered. Payment can be made with cash, check, credit, hokie passport, or department ISR. Checks need to be made to Treasurer of Virginia Tech. Past due accounts are subject to a service charge of 1% per month.
- Appropriate exercise attire is required.
Requesting Private Classes
VT Fitness is ready to take your group to the next level. To inquire about a Private Fitness Class or to set up a continuous Private Fitness Program for your team, please contact Liz Greenlee, the Fitness Coordinator via email or phone (540.231.1658).