The Les Mills GRIT™ Series is a fitness program that takes cutting edge High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and combines it with powerful music and inspirational coaches who will be down on the floor with you, motivating you to go harder. GRIT™ sessions alternate between three different workouts – strength (using weights), plyo (jumping exercises), and cardio (body weight exercises).
- Coach: Alicia E. - Tu/Th - 5:30-6:15pm - War Memorial Multi-B
- Coach: Jess T. - Mon/Wed - 4:15-5:00pm - McComas Studio B
- Coach: Laura G. - Tu/Th - 12:30-1:15pm - McComas Studio A
- Coach: Anna R. - Mon/Wed- 6:30-7:15pm - McComas Studio A/B
Wherever you are... Hokie RunFit will help you run faster, better stronger! In this hands-on program, you will receive training from experienced coaches on how to improve your running techniques. Through educational discussions and weekly workouts, you will gain the knowledge needed to become a better performer, no matter your fitness level!
- Coach: Taylor/Elaine - Mon/Wed - 1:00-2:00pm - War Memorial Dance
TRX is a unique suspension-based resistance program will help improve strength, balance, flexibility, coordination, endurance, and joint stability. Developed by a Navy Seal, you’ll use your own bodyweight to transform your body. Using your hands and feet as anchor points, you’ll practice hundreds of versatile exercises that are challenging and accommodate all fitness levels and performance goals. Challenge yourself and check this out!
- Coach: Jess T. - Mon/Wed - 7:05-8:00pm - War Memorial Multi-B
X-Fit is led by a CrossFit coach and is designed to challenge you mentally and physically by constantly varying your workout. Workouts consist of high intensity, functional movements that incorporate aerobic exercise, gymnastics (body weight exercises) & weight lifting exercises to help you get in the best shape of your life. Remember, routine is the enemy!
- Coach: Kevin P. - Mon/Wed - 5:45-6:45pm - War Memorial Multi-B
- Coach: Bless J. - Tu/Th - 6:30-7:30am - War Memorial Multi-B
X-Fit Gymnastics applies gymnastics principles to crossfit training techniques to increase strength development, core control and spatial awareness.
- Coach: Nicole S. - Sun - 8:00-9:00pm - War Memorial Multi-B
Intro to Olympic Lifting will teach you the essentials to perfect the art of weight lifting. You will learn the appropriate sequences for each skill, their progressions, and the types of training programs an athlete should follow. The lifts taught will be clean, jerk, snatch, plus intermediate progressions.
- Coach: Mark S. - Tu/Th 12:00-1:00pm - War Memorial Multi-B
Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) Yoga is a variation of stand up paddle surfing, combined with yoga. The sport combines hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga asanas, or poses, with surfing. During SUP Yoga, you will be doing yoga poses on a paddleboard in the pool. The paddleboard makes a fine yoga mat and the extra balance required by being on the water intensifies the yoga routine.
- Coach: Sarah K. - Tu/Th - 5:30-6:45pm - War Memorial Pool