Ballet - Participants will be introduced to basic ballet terminology and technique in a fun and relaxed setting. With a focus on balance, coordination, and poise, participants will begin with barre exercises and transition to the center and across the floor movements.
- Coach: Emily L. – Tues. 4:00-5:00pm – War Memorial Dance Room
Musical Theatre - Ever wanted to learn choreography to Chicago? West Side Story? Hairspray? Then musical theatre is right up your alley! From fosse to modern jazz, musical theatre covers more styles than any other class. Dance to some of your favorite musicals from the past and present and everything Broadway! No dance experience required.
- Coach: Savannah M. - Mon. 6:15-7:15pm - War Memorial Dance Room
Lyrical - A contemporary dance style choreographed to the lyrics of some of today's top hits. It blends ballet with a more modern approach and yields a beautiful dance.
- Coach: Kaitlyn K. - Mon. 4:00-5:00pm - War Memorial Dance Room
Hip-Hop - Learn how to top-rock, 6-step, and pop it like you mean it. Not only will you lose stress, stay active, and improve your memory, but you’ll look pretty cool doing it. Our instructors choreograph to the musicality of today’s hit songs and will be teaching techniques such as popping, breaking, locking, freestyle, and new style.
- Coach: Kaitlyn K. - Weds. 6:15-7:15pm - War Memorial Dance Room
- Coach: Savannah M. - Thurs. 5:15-6:15pm - War Memorial Dance Room
Jazz - A dance form that appeals to everyone because of its energy, variety, and vitality. Jazz Dance classes explore contemporary and classic jazz dance, rooted in the vernacular (social dance) forms, that draws inspiration from a wide range of music including jazz, swing, blues, pop, soul and funk.
- Coach: Kaitlyn K. - Weds. 4:00-5:00pm - War Memorial Dance Room
- Coach: Emily L. - Thurs. 4:00-5:00pm - War Memorial Dance Room