Private fitness classes allow groups to be privately instructed or trained outside of the normal group exercise or small group training schedule. Our certified instructors and trainers will tailor a class or group session to meet the exercise goals and needs of your team or organization.
If your interested in having a private class please email Becky Eacho firstname.lastname@example.org
You can pick any fitness format seen on our current group exercise schedule as your private fitness class. This is a great way to bond with others in your organization and do something healthy together! You can have the class in one of our facility locations or we will come to you! The most popular classes are Zumba®, yoga, pilates, BODYPUMP™, and boot camp.
Varsity Athletics and Sport Clubs
Every fitness class we offer can be taught as a private fitness class, led by nationally certified private instructors, for your team. The most popular classes are yoga, pilates, cycle, boot camp, BODYPUMP™, water fitness, and speed + agility classes. These classes offer athletes an opportunity to improve their posture, power, core strength, coordination, balance, and flexibility, which can enhance overall athletic performance. These classes are also great ways to cross-train, prevent injury, and encourage team bonding outside of normal practice times.
Fees for private classes range from $30 to $50 an hour depending on location, size of group, staffing, and equipment needs.
- War Memorial gym 125/141 (full gym): $50 ($30 facility + $20 instructor)
- War Memorial gym 141 (half gym): $35 ($15 facility + $20 instructor)
- War Memorial Strength + Conditioning Room: $50 ($20 for sport club teams)
- War Memorial Dance Room: $50 ($20 for sport club teams)
- McComas Studios A or B: $50 ($20 for sport club teams)
- McComas Spin City: $50 ($20 for sport club teams)
- Please attempt to make your request at least two weeks in advance.
- Appropriate exercise attire is required.
- Participants need to bring a water bottle, towel, and Hokie Passport with them to class.
- Participants must be affiliated with Virginia Tech.
- Additional charges will be required if: the class is longer than one hour; the class requires more than one instructor; the class is held in the pool which requires rental fee and additional facility staffing; the class is held outside of normal facility operating hours; damage to equipment occurs.
- Payment is due within 30 days of services rendered. Payment can be made with cash, check, credit, Hokie Passport, or department ISR. Checks need to be made to 'Treasurer of Virginia Tech.' Past due accounts are subject to a service charge of one percent per month.