A fitness assessment provide information about your current fitness level and allows you to compare this to norms and standards of people of the same age and gender. It also allows you to develop an exercise program to fit your needs specifically based off of the results. Having this information can motivate you to stick with a training regimen and retest to see your progress. It may also identify any health problems that could manifest during exercise.
We offer two different assessments you may pick from:
- BOD POD Body Composition: The BOD POD is the gold standard for measuring your body composition. This assessment will give you an incredibly accurate measure of body fat, lean mass and your metabolic rate.
- Advanced Fitness Assessment: The advanced assessment will include a BOD POD; resting measures such as heart rate and blood pressure; cardiovascular fitness; muscular strength and endurance; as well as flexibility and mobility.
To prepare for the BOD POD portion of your assessment:
- Men must wear compression shorts made of polyester and/or Lycra and a swim cap that will be provided.
- Women must also wear compression shorts and a wire free sports bra. A bathing suit may be worn as well.
- Do not eat or exercise two hours prior to the assessment.
- Make sure to use the restroom before the assessment.
- Make sure to remove all metal and jewelry before the assessment.
For the Advanced Fitness Assessment you should prepare for a BOD POD but also bring comfortable athletic clothes and athletic shoes.
When you meet with your trainer, be sure to turn in your consent form as well.
When you decide that a fitness assessment is right for you, begin by completing the online registration here
During the registration process you will need to fill out a questionare to see if you are healthy enough for physical activity. If you are not approved you will simply need to obtain a medical release from your physician.
After you have completed the registration and payment process you will be contacted by a trainer within two business days. From here you may schedule your fitness assessment!
If you are a student, faculty, staff, or alumni you have a discounted rate for all of your assessment options:
- BOD POD: $15
- Advanced Fitness Assessment: $25
Our community members also have access to the fitness assessment services we provide:
- BOD POD: $30.00
- Advanced Fitness Assessment: $50.00