Personal Training Policies
We are excited that you are ready to take your fitness level to the next step with our personal training team. Before you get started, here are a couple reminders.
- To sign up with a trainer, you must sign up online. Once you register and payment has been successfully received, your trainer will contact you via email or phone within two business days.
- To sign up for a fitness assessment or body composition test, you must sign up online. Please note that your payment will need to be successfully completed before a trainer will contact you. You will be contacted via email or phone within two business days.
- War Memorial users (students, faculty, staff, and long-term guests) may hire a trainer to exercise at War Memorial
- McComas User (full-time students and McComas Hall members) may hire a trainer to exercise at McComas or War Memorial.
- Your initial session will be used as a fitness assessment. Packages purchased that are eight sessions or greater will receive a post assessment free of charge.
- Remember to bring a towel and your Hokie Passport to each training session.
- All sessions must be used during the semester in which they were purchased. To request an exception you must contact Krista Gwilliam, fitness coordinator, at email@example.com or by phone at (540) 231-1658. All unused sessions will be forfeited.
- There are no penalties if cancellations are made at least 24 hours in advance for a personal training session, fitness assessment, or body composition appointment. You may contact your trainer directly or call 231-6856/231-1658 to cancel your appointment. Failure to show up to a scheduled appointment or tardiness of 10 minutes or more will result in forfeiture of one appointment or session. Sessions that start late will still end at the scheduled time.