Hired students (and students interested in being an Intramural Sports official) will need to fill out the employment packets in order to work for the Department of Recreational Sports. These packets can now be filled out online here (click each link to open the file):
- Fill out online, print off, and sign the Student Employee Information Form.
- Fill out online, print off, and sign the Selective Service Registration Questionnaire (only males must complete this).
- Fill out online (DO NOT ENTER DATES), print off, and sign the Federal W-4 Form.
- Fill out online (DO NOT ENTER DATES), print off, and sign the Virginia VA-4 Form.
- Fill out online (DO NOT ENTER DATES), print off, and sign the Employment Eligibility I-9 Form (Section 1 only).
- Print off and sign the Proper Use of State Vehicles (FS-2) Form.
- Print off and sign the Virginia Tech Recreational Sports Statement of FERPA Understanding.
- Please provide a physical copy of the certification required for your position within RecSports at the time of paperwork submission. List of Required Certifications by position.
- Login to HokieSpa, click University Account Information, click Enroll in Direct Deposit, enter information - Payroll, enter the required fields (leaving 100 percent as Deposit Amount if using only 1 bank), and click submit, click Add This Bank, click Save Changes.
All seven steps must be completed, and all printed items from steps 1-6 must be turned in prior to beginning work for the Department of Recreational Sports. If you have questions about filling out these forms, please call 540-231-6856 or your supervisor within the Department of Recreational Sports.