Looking for a summer internship or a full time job in sports? Check out the job postings at workinsports.com
Hired students (and students interested in being an Intramural Sports official) will need to fill out the employment packets in order to work for the Department of Recreational Sports. These packets can now be filled out online here (click each link to open the file):
- Fill out online, print off, and sign the Student Employee Information Form.
- Fill out online, print off, and sign the Selective Service Registration Questionnaire (only Males must complete this).
- Fill out online (DO NOT ENTER DATES), print off, and sign the Federal W-4 Form.
- Fill out online (DO NOT ENTER DATES), print off, and sign the Virginia VA-4 Form.
- Fill out online (DO NOT ENTER DATES), print off, and sign the Employment Eligibility I-9 Form (Section 1 only).
- Print off and sign the Proper Use of State Vehicles (FS-2) Form.
- Login to HokieSpa, click University Account Information, click Enroll in Direct Deposit, enter information - Payroll, enter the required fields (leaving 100 percent as Deposit Amount if using only 1 bank), and click submit, click Add This Bank, click Save Changes.
All 7 steps must be completed, and all printed items from Steps 1-6 must be turned in prior to beginning work for the Department of Recreational Sports. If you have questions about filling out these forms, please call 540-231-6856 or your supervisor within the Department of Recreational Sports.
Student Development Opportunities
The Department of Recreational Sports maintains student development as a priority. We believe your experience with VT Rec Sports is valuable and provides potential opportunities to learn skills which are extremely important in your future success.
As a student employee of Rec Sports, you have the privilege to request financial support in pursuing certifications and attending conferences that will enhance your job performance.
Complete this from for all requests. Submit your request at least 4 weeks prior to the conference or certification date. Make sure to plan ahead and provide as many details as possible. You will be responsible for follow up after the conference or certification. The selection committee will meet on the following dates in the Fall semester: Sept 17th, Oct 15th, Nov 12th, Dec 17th.
Employee Time Verification
All student employees are required to verify the shifts they have worked by at least the 15th and the 30th (31st) of each month. Please use the link below to access the system.
If you miss a punch at any point or their is a problem with your shift, please use the form below to submit a request to have your timecard adjusted.